Eton Town Council takes your privacy seriously.
COOKIE & DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
This website is run by Eton Town Council. We regard your privacy as important and we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our website is hosted by WordPress and they may place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small pieces of data used by WordPress and stored in text files. They are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. For more information about cookies used in WordPress, please click here
We process and hold information in order to provide public services. Information may be collected on paper or online form, by telephone, email or by a member of our Council, or one of our partners. This notice explains how we use and share your information.
In accordance with the law, we only collect a limited amount of information about you that is necessary for correspondence, information and service provision. We do not use profiling, we do not sell your data, and we do not pass your data to third parties without your consent. We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified. We make sure your data is stored securely. We delete all information deemed to be no longer necessary. We constantly review our Privacy Policies to keep it up to date in protecting your data.
We record personal information if you:
• Subscribe to or apply for services that require personal information,
• Report a fault and give your contact details for us to respond,
• Contact us and leave your details for us to respond.
Why we collect information
We collect and hold information about you, in order to:
• Deliver public services
• Confirm your identity to provide some services
• Contact you by post, email or telephone
• Understand your needs to provide the services that you request
• Understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
• Obtain your opinion about our services
• Update your customer record
• Help us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services
• Prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
• Allow us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
• Make sure we meet our statutory obligations.
Our Right to Process Information
We are permitted to process information under GDPR Article 6 (1) (a) (b) and (e) when:
• Processing is with the consent of the data subject, or
• Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
How we use your information
We will only use any personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary. All Officers and Councillors who have access to your personal data and are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. All your communications to us are protected against unauthorised access by third parties.
The Council tries to keep the information we have about you accurate and up to date. If, however, you find errors or inaccuracies in your data, we will erase, complete or amend that information upon request. Our contact details are below.
We will process your information for the following purposes:
• For the service you requested, and to monitor and improve the council’s performance in responding to your request.
• To allow us to be able to communicate and provide services and benefits appropriate to your needs.
• To ensure that we meet our legal obligations.
• Where necessary for the law enforcement functions.
• To prevent and detect fraud or crime.
• To process relevant financial transactions including grants and payments for goods and services supplied to the Council
• Where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury.
• To allow the statistical analysis of data so we can plan the provision of services.
We may need to pass your information to other people and organisations that provide the service. These providers are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only to fulfil your request. If we wish to pass your sensitive or confidential information onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so. We may disclose information to other partners where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under the Data Protection Act.
Where we need to disclose sensitive or confidential information to other partners, we will do so only with your prior explicit consent or where we are legally required to. We may disclose information when necessary to prevent risk of harm to an individual.
Eton Town Council cares to ensure the security of personal data. We make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical measures and appropriate policies. We will only keep your data for the purpose it was collected for and only for as long as is necessary. After which it will be deleted.
We will not process any data relating to a child (under 13) without the express parental/ guardian consent of the child concerned.
Access to Information You have the right to request access to the information we have about you. You can do this by contacting our Town Clerk.
Information Correction If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you may contact us so that we can update it and keep your data accurate. Please contact our Town Clerk
Information Deletion If you wish Eton Town Council to delete the information about you, please contact our Town Clerk
Right to Object If you believe that your data is not being processed for the purpose for which it has been collected, you may object. Please contact our Town Clerk
If you have a complaint regarding the way your personal data has been processed you may make a complaint to:
- Eton Town Council Data Information Officer: Town.Clerk@EtonTownCouncil.org.uk
- and the Information Commissioners Office email@example.com Tel: 0303 123 1113
Rights Related to Automated Decision Making and Profiling
Eton Town Council does not use automated decision making or profiling of individual personal data.
Eton Town Council
102 High Street,
Eton SL4 6AJ Our telephone is: 01753 860377
or you may email: Town.Clerk@EtonTownCouncil.org.uk
Office opening hours are Tuesday to Friday: 8.00am – 1.00pm